Translate

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Altruism and Service as a form of Anti- Depressant. - By;- Mike j Hughes




I would like to share with you all  an experience I went through many years ago  over a period of about 4 - 5 months wherein I was moving through a bout of deep depression that kept me indoors , lazy , fatigued ,mentally in the dark, and in a foggy and   lonely place   in which I found myself time after time.
I have been an esoteric and spiritual occultist for many years ,-going back to the age of 16 years
It was during my daily studies and regular meditation that I caught an flash of intuition  that gave me the cure for all of the misery and emotional pain I've endured for such a long time indeed.
I began to do a comparison between me and my own petty problems of my pathetic and rather small personality  and others human beings who are living miserable stunted  lives full of unbelievable suffering and an agony of mind that we here in the developed West cannot even begin to fathom , or  to comprehend.
One day I was reading an article  in the Share International magazine about how others are overcoming depression without the use of poisonous medication of which little or nothing is known about.
I began engaging   my life in the service to others who's mental and emotional condition were by far worse than my own small petty problems.
After some time of this altruism and service , my life quality began to change for the better and I began to henceforth be elated as my soul contact began to deepen and become increasingly effective in my life by the improvement of my health in all departments of  my being , such as within my physical, emotional, and mental avenues of expression.
One note I must write here concerning the honest approach to the mode of service to be rendered
If one feels the need to serve  to ''earn brownie points'' with God, or to ease ones own   consciousness, or for some spiritual selfish purpose,- then one is going about it in the wrong mode, and therefore one must revaluate ones heart and inner motives.
This is a service that must be given from a selfless point within the depths of ones own innermost BEING,- from ones own inner innate Divinity ,  issued forth as a decree from that Great Titan residing within us ALL.







                                                                                     
http://www.share-international.org/

http://mikehughes25.blog.ca/ - My Blog.

 







No comments:

Post a Comment